Germany as Measured by Brit-Am "Ephraimite" Criteria (25 April, 2013, Iyar 15, 5773)
Germany is shown to not be dominated nor strongly influenced by Israelites. Germans who migrated to the USA however were of Israelite Origin. They were different from those who stayed behind.
Duration ca. 38 minutes. To read text of article Please Scroll Down!
Germany in Rabbinical Writings is identified with the Children of Japhet such as Gomer and two out of the three sons of Gomer, Ashkenaz and Togarmah. Alternatively, Germany is identified with Magog son of Gomer. These identifications are taken from Midrashim and Commentaries to Genesis 10. The Vilna Gaon is quoted as taking these identifications as all pertinent. One understanding of his commentary says that he identified Scandinavia and Northern Germany with Gomer and southern Germany with Magog. Another source (Talmud, Megilla 6) said that both Rome and the three hundred provinces of Germany pertained to Edom. Again a commentary on this says that Edom is to be identified with the Rulers of Germany rather than the ordinary people. Rabbi Avraham Iben Ezra (on Obadiah 1:20) quoted a tradition (repeated by the Radak) that the Germans were Canaanites who had been driven out or fled from before the Israelites when they conquered the Land of Canaan meaning the Promised Land of Israel.
Our own studies indicated that groups (Idumae, Odomantes, etc) that may be identified with Edom were to be found to the northeast and southeast of Germany whence came peoples who moved into Germany. It is interesting to note that Jew-haters often claim that the Jews are really Edomites either through the idumeans of Herod who became Jews or through the Khazars. The Jew-haters who make such equations in many cases are of German descent. Most of the Idumeans actually did not become Jews but even if they did it would not change much. The classical profile of the Germans as they depicts themselves fits that of Esau.
Esau (Edom) had been blessed in a similar way to Jacob.
Genesis 27: 38 And Esau said to his father, 'Have you only one blessing, my father? Bless me also, O my father! And Esau lifted up his voice and wept. 39 Then Isaac his father answered and said to him: 'Behold, your dwelling shall be of the fatness of the earth, And of the dew of heaven from above. 40 By your sword you shall live, And you shall serve your brother; And it shall come to pass, when you become restless, That you shall break his yoke from your neck.'
In deciding where or not a particular nation descends from Israel we use the Brit-Am "Ephraimite" Criteria.
When these are applied to Germany we see that Germany is not an Israelite nation. The criteria include:
(1. Blessings. (2. Indications of Scripture. (3. Groundwork. (4. Judah: Affinity with the Jews. (5. Originality: Innovation and Intellect. (6. Bravery. (7. Empathy: The Doing of Social Justice. (8. Israelite Self-Identification. (9. Family Connection. (10. Tribal Affiliation.
Some of these criteria are pertinent to Germany and some are not. Those that are may be explained by the Esau/Edomite element amongst the Germans. We have discussed the Edom/Esau compontent in Germany on our web-sites and in detail in our work, Ephraim.
Let us examine each of the criteria and see how the Germans conform to them.
(1. Blessings: Economic and Physical Blessings as promised to Israel in Scripture. (1. Blessings: Germany has been blessed materially. These blessings however may be explained by those given to Esau. Behold, your dwelling shall be of the fatness of the earth, And of the dew of heaven from above (Genesis 27:39).
(2. Indications of Scripture: Biblical Evidence predicting whereto the Lost Ten Tribes would go, what type of religion and government they would have, etc. (2. Indications of Scripture: Biblical Evidence predicting whereto the Lost Ten Tribes would go, what type of religion and government they would have, etc. Germany does not fit most of these. Germany is not at the ends of the earth, not in islands, nor coastland peninsulas. German rulership has tended to emphasize autocracy and absolutness. German military and foreign strategy does not look for "gates" but rather emphasizes domination by force and the exercise of localized focused brutality. The Germans seem to have always placed much value on the authority of man and the elevation of human understanding nullifying that of the Bible. True, Germany is to the north of the Land of Israel and it is in a salubrious region. This however applies to many other areas and is not enough in itself.
(3. Groundwork: Historical, Archaeological, and Related Proofs showing paths of migration. See Jeremiah 31:21. Dolmens showing Pathway of Migration, Jeremiah 31:21 (3. Groundwork. Israelites were in Germany in Ancient Times but mostly left. Archaeological remains are therefore no so pertinent since we may show that they pertained to Israelites who were once there but left afterwards.
(4. Judah: Affinity with the Jews. : This entails proven feelings of kinship and sympathy with the Jews and a Relative Lack of Anti-Semitism when compared with others. This holds true even though Prophecy (Isaiah 11:13) also indicates that a certain degree of tension would always exist almost to the end between "Ephraim" and Judah. (4. Judah: Affinity with the Jews. Germans failed in this area.
(5. Originality: Innovation and Intellect: A minimal degree of national Intellectual Wisdom and Honesty, cf. Deuteronomy 4:6. (5. Originality: Innovation and Intellect. Germans have this quality to some degree. Since they killed or drove out all their Jews however the German scores on originality have gone way down. Germans Jews gave more to German science than the Germans themselves did. Even part of what the native Germans achieved was due to their Jewish colleagues and the influence of Jewish scientists. John Hulley wrote a book discussing this issue.
(6. Bravery: Proven Military Prowess in the past at least and at present in potential, see Deuteronomy 33:29. (6. Bravery: Proven Military Prowess. The Germans had this but it was also a characteristic of Esau, By your sword you shall live (Genesis 27:40).
(7. Empathy: The Doing of Social Justice. (7. Empathy: The Doing of Social Justice. The Germans had this in a way. The Germans do look after themselves. It can however be applied in an unjust manner. Those who are better acquainted with the subject are invited to write us on the issue.
(8. Israelite Self-Identification (8. Israelite Self-Identification. This seems to have been lacking with the Germans. On the contrary they seem to have always preferred to depict themselves as the diametric opposite of Israelites. The Germans do not have the concepts of a covenant between themselves and the Almighty.
(9. Family Connection: The identified group should have proven "ethnic" links to at least one of the other identified groups so that the proofs of one may be applied to the other. (9. Family Connection. This is disputed. At all events its the majority that determine these issues or qualitatively important groups that exert a determinative influence.
(10. Tribal Affiliation. The Exiled Israelites were destined to settle in groups retaining much of their original Tribal cohesion or later through some kind of "homing" instinct members of the same Tribe tended to converge together. See Isaiah 11:12 and the Midrash. We should therefore be able to at least tentatively identify specific national groups with specific Israelite Tribes and show how the Tribal Characteristics came through. (10. Tribal Affiliation. The Germans are not affiliated to any Israelite Tribal groups.