An Example of Applied Ephraimite and Edomite Criteria (25 December 2016, 25 Kislev, 5777)
1. Query About Argentineans.
2. Brit-Am Reply:
3. Argentina in the Light of Ephraimite Criteria
4. Argentina and Edom
1. Query About Argentineans.
Regarding the population of Argentina...
"Thus, most Argentines are descendants of these 19th and 20th century immigrants, with about 97% of the population being of European or partial European descent. Arab descent is also significant (mostly of Syrian and Lebanese origin), and the Jewish population is the biggest in all Latin America (7th in the world)."
You didn't have Argentina colored on your map describing it as part of the ends of the earth, but knowing it's high population of Euro ex-pats, I wondered if there was a reason for this?
It seemed to qualify as an end of the earth candidate?Â Is there a reason it's not?
Thank you so much!
2. Brit-Am Reply:
Argentina to our understanding does not fulfill enough of the Criteria to qualify as basically an Israelite country.
Argentina however has been blessed to some degree and may be considered as pertaining to Edom.
3. Argentinia in the Light of Ephraimite Criteria
THE CRITERIA APPLIED TO NATIONS
(1) Blessings: Economic and Physical Blessings as promised to Israel in Scripture.
Argentina has been blessed with physical bounty and economic potential. This however has not been properly realized and appears to not reach enough of the citizenry.
Argentina also does not fulfill the other blessings.
(2) Physical-Materialistic Characteristics:
Argentina is indeed at the end of one of the Continental Masses , i.e. at the end of the earth.
(3) Indications of Scripture: Biblical Evidence predicting whereto the Lost Ten Tribes would go, what type of religion and government they would have, etc.
Argentina has ca. 43, 500,000 inhabitants.
Â ....most Argentines are descended from the 19th- and 20th-century immigrants of the great immigration wave to Argentina (1850-1955), with a great majority of these immigrants coming from diverse European countries. The majority of these European immigrants came from Italy and Spain. The majority of Argentines descend from multiple European ethnic groups, primarily of Italian and Spanish descent (over 25 million individuals in Argentina, almost 60% of the population have some partial Italian origins), while 17% of the population also have partial French origins, and a sizeable number of Germans.
...... Argentines are 76.5% Catholic, 11.3% Agnostics and Atheists, 9% Evangelical Protestants, 1.2% Jehovah's Witnesses, 0.9% Mormons; 1.2% follow other religions, including Islam, Judaism and Buddhism.
Other figures indicate that the German descended population of Argentina is ca. 2,800,000 or 6 to 7% of the total population.
# Anne Saint Sauveur-Henn points out that although most Germans were farmers or day labourers and that two thirds lived outside the city of Buenos Aires, a proportionately high number of Germans participated in the Argentine upper-class when compared to other immigrant groups. #
The qualitative dominance of the Germans seems to be far greater than their numbers would indicate. The Germans in Argentina are of different origins from those in the USA and have a different psychology.Â Argentina after WW2 became a haven for Nazis.
(4) Groundwork: Historical, Archaeological, and Related Proofs showing paths of migration. See Jeremiah 31:21. Dolmens showing Pathway of MigrationÂ Jeremiah 31:21
Since most Argentineans came from Spain and Italy there are historical grounds to the effect that groups of Israelites may have sojourned in parts of these countries before moving elsewhere.
(5) Judah: Affinity with the Jews. : This entails proven feelings of kinship and sympathy with the Jews and a Relative Lack of Anti-Semitism when compared with others. This holds true even though Prophecy (Isaiah 11:13) also indicates that a certain degree of tension would always exist almost to the end betweeen "Ephraim" and Judah.
Argentinia is home to a large number of Jews including many who have assimilated. Nevertheless the nation is historically inclined to be anti-Jewish. Judging by their literature they are still in the medieval era. They may readily believe lies about the Jews. They have been sympathetic to forces that sought to exterminate the Jewish people.
Why Did Argentina Accept Nazi War Criminals After World War Two?
(6) Originality: Innovation and Intellect: A minimal degree of national Intellectual Wisdom and Honesty, cf. Deuteronomy 4:6.
Argentineans are not noted for these qualities despite being otherwise somewhat intelligent and educated.
(7) Bravery: Proven Military Prowess in the past at least and at present in potential, see Deuteronomy 33:29.
Argentineans are not noted for this quality though objective sociological factors may be to blame.
(8) Empathy: The Doing of Social Justice.
Abraham was blessed to become a great and mighty nation that his descendants might do "justice and judgement" see Genesis 18:19.
Argentineans are not noted for this quality though they are much preoccupied with social issues.
(9) Israelite Self-Identification
Israelite Identification, means that in some way a significant (more often in quality rather than in numbers) portion of the peoples concerned at some stage or other to a degree are known to have identified themselves as Hebraic.
This holds in many cases but not in all of them.
Argentina has never been noted in this regard, on the contrary. They would not want to be categorized as Israelites.
(10) Family Connection: The identified group should have proven "ethnic" links to at least one of the other identified groups so that the proofs of one may be applied to the other.
No large-sale linkage exists. Nevertheless, some Welsh and Irish immigrants did settle in Argentinia. There were also Jews and other elements from predominantly Israelite areas in Europe.Â These however were all minority groups of marginal influence.
(11) Tribal Affiliation: The Exiled Israelites were destined to settle in groups retaining much of their original Tribal cohesion or later through some kind of "homing" instinct members of the same Tribe tended to converge together. See Isaiah 11:12 and the Midrash. We should therefore be able to at least tentatively identify specific national groups with specific Israelite Tribes and show how the Tribal Characteristics came through.
This point has no relevance to Argentina.
4. Argentina and Edom
a) Blessings especially in Agriculture and Natural Resources
b) Military Elites and Prowess
c) Hatred of Israel and Judah especially
d) Hierarchal (Fascist Type) Outlook
e) Darwin Type Ideology
f) Edomite figures in National Pantheon and Ancestry
g) Rufosity - i.e. red hair or the illusion (like that of the Japanese) of being such. This attribute is ALSO of some of other Israelites, cf. King David.
Argentina fits the Edomite Criteria to some degree but not exactly. At all events it is closer to Edom than to Israel.