Proofs that the Jews of Today are Judah of the Bible (1 December 2015, 19 Kislev, 5776)
We have proven that the Biblical term "Judah" means the Jews of today through Twenty-Five Points:
[For more details on the points below see our other writings, especially
"Chosen People. The Descendants of Joseph and the Ten Tribes among English-Speaking Nations and the Jews of Judah," by Yair Davidiy, Israel 2015.
For an expanded version of this article with more explanation and the Biblical Quotations given in full see: 23 Identifiers (Expanded)
1. The Other Tribes will acknowledge Judah: Genesis 49: 8, Zechariah 8: 23
2. Judah will always be Recognizable! Genesis 49: 10
3. Judah was to Keep and Develop the Law: Psalms 60:9, 108:90; Genesis 49:10; Zechariah 8:19, 23.
4. Judah in Exile was to be persecuted: Zechariah 1:15, Zechariah 8:13, Isaiah ch.53, Isaiah 42:10, Psalm 44:22.
5. The Jews will have kept the four fasts lamenting Destruction of the Temple (Zechariah 8:19).
6. The Jews will be known as Israel (Isaiah 48:1).
7. Judah will begin to return to the Land of Israel and develop it. This will be before the Ten Tribes come back (Micah 4:8, Hosea 6:10).
8. The Ten Tribes will have gotten lost (Isaiah 24:3, 49:13-14, 21 Hosea 1:8, Jeremiah 3:6-7) not Judah. Judah will not have gotten lost! (Ezra 2:2 2:59 2:70 3:1 etc., Ezekiel 2:3, 3:5 8:10 8:11 9:8 14:1, etc.) .
9. At first Judah will be reluctant to recognize Joseph (Isaiah 49:21) but eventually Judah and Joseph will re-unite (Ezekiel ch.37).
10. In their Places of Exile Judah will have been defenseless (Hosea 1:7, Psalm 44:22).
11. In the End Times Judah will assert himself as the Jews in Israel (in a comparatively small way) have already begun to do (Genesis 49:9).
12. In the End Times not only the other Tribes but also the non-Israelite Gentiles will Acknowledge Judah (Isaiah 60:14).
Three Additional Points by Stephen Collins:
13. Possession of Coastal Palestine (Zephaniah 2:7).
14. Judah in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:14).
15. An Old-New Nation (Genesis 49).
Ten More Points from Bert Otten:
Characteristics of Judah as found in Scripture and Still Noticeable among the Jews of today.
16. Judah Gives Praise to God. [This is the main meaning of the name "Judah".] Jews pray much and glorify the Creator.
17. Judah and Money (Genesis 37:26), [and Generosity].
18. Judah, the Messiah, and Messianism. The Messiah will come from Judah and Jews have Messianic type tendencies.
19. Judah - writers (scribes): (2 Kings 18:18, 2 Kings 22:8, 1 Chron 24:6, 2 Chron 26:11, etc.).
20. Judah - the Lawgiver: laws, judges, lawyers.
21. Judah - Dialectic Ability.
22. Judah and Music (1-Chron 13:8).
23. Judah and Government. Jews are often leaders and sometimes governors, see Judah as Rulers.
24. Judah - a Suffering People. It was indicated in the Psalms that Judah would suffer.
25. Judah - Warriors. Judah had military successes in Biblical times. Jews have martial abilities as seen today in the State of Israel.