Proofs that the Jews of Today are Judah of the Bible (1 December 2015, 19 Kislev, 5776)
Â We have proven that the Biblical term "Judah" means the Jews of today through Twenty-Five Points:Â
[For more details on the points below see our other writings, especially
"Chosen People. The Descendants of Joseph and the Ten Tribes among English-Speaking Nations and the Jews of Judah," by Yair Davidiy, Israel 2015.
For an expanded version of this article with more explanation and the Biblical Quotations given in full see: 23 Identifiers (Expanded)
1. The Other Tribes will acknowledge Judah: Genesis 49: 8, Zechariah 8: 23
2. Judah will always be Recognizable! Genesis 49: 10
3. Judah was to Keep and Develop the Law: Psalms 60:9, 108:90; Genesis 49:10; Zechariah 8:19, 23.
4. Judah in Exile was to be persecuted: Zechariah 1:15, Zechariah 8:13, Isaiah ch.53, Isaiah 42:10, Psalm 44:22.
5. The Jews will have kept the four fasts lamenting Destruction of the Temple (Zechariah 8:19).
6. The Jews will be known as Israel (Isaiah 48:1).
7. Judah will begin to return to the Land of Israel and develop it. This will be before the Ten Tribes come back (Micah 4:8, Hosea 6:10).Â
8. The Ten Tribes will have gotten lost (Isaiah 24:3, 49:13-14, 21 Hosea 1:8, Jeremiah 3:6-7) not Judah (Ezra 2:2 2:59 2:70 3:1 etc., Ezekiel 2:3, 3:5 8:10 8:11 9:8 14:1, etc.) .
9. At first Judah will be reluctant to recognize Joseph (Isaiah 49:21) but eventually Judah and Joseph will re-unite (Ezekiel ch.37).
10. In their Places of Exile Judah will have been defenseless (Hosea 1:7, Psalm 44:22).
11. In the End Times Judah will assert himself as the Jews in Israel (in a comparatively small way) have already begun to do (Genesis 49:9)Â
12. In the End Times not only the other Tribes but also the non-Israelite Gentiles will Acknowledge Judah (Isaiah 60:14).
Three Additional Points by Stephen Collins:
13. Possession of Coastal Palestine (Zephaniah 2:7).
14. Judah in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:14).
15. An Old-New Nation (Genesis 49).
Ten More Points from Bert Otten:Â
Characteristics of Judah as found in Scripture and Still Noticeable among the Jews of today.
16. Judah Gives Praise to God.Â [This is the main meaning of the name "Judah".] Jews pray much and glorify the Creator.
17. Judah and MoneyÂ (Genesis 37:26), [and Generosity].
18. Judah, the Messiah, and Messianism. The Messiah will come from Judah and Jews have Messianic type tendencies.
19. Judah - writers (scribes):Â (2 Kings 18:18, 2 Kings 22:8, 1 Chron 24:6, 2 Chron 26:11, etc.).
20. Judah - the Lawgiver: laws, judges, lawyers.
21. Judah - Dialectic Ability.
22. Judah and Music (1-Chron 13:8).
23. Judah and Government. Jews are often leaders and sometimes governors, see Judah as Rulers.
24. Judah - a Suffering People. It was indicated in the Psalms that Judah would suffer.
25. Judah - Warriors. Judah had military successes in Biblical times. Jews have martial abilities as seen today in the State of Israel.