Answers to Questions by Yair Davidiy
Is Quora left wing?
How can the majority of Quora post-election comments be anti-Trump, when Trump won the election?
I would say that Quora is deliberately left-wing or rather highly prejudiced with a left-wing predilection. I doubt if this answer will be allowed to stay up for very long. You may be the last ones to read it.
I am referring to Quora Moderation.
The posts shown overall are ALL of a general type. Any others are disqualified for some reason or other.
As evidence I would refer to the cases of (a) Donald Trump and (b) Yair Davidiy.
(a) Donald Trump was elected President of the USA.
A large number of people voted for him. Many of those who so voted had intellectual abilities.
Why are there hardly any Postings on Quora in support of the President but NUMEROUS ones attacking or mocking him?
(b) Yair Davidiy sent in Postings on different issues including the Bible, Judaism, the Lost Ten Tribes, historical studies, etc.
Yair also sent in a number of answers concerning the Israeli-Palestinian issue. He also spoke against homosexuality.
Nearly ALL of the posts against homosexuals or defending Israel against pro-Palestinian claims have been collapsed i.e. effectually closed down.
Quora allows pro-Palestinian writers to severely criticize Israel. It also has several defenders of Israel BUT they are all of one liberal assimilationist secular type.
I would say more than that but then any chance of this post remaining on the Quora site would swiftly evaporate.
Our messages and comments were in response to a series of such that went before us.
Some of the postings by others contained false information and slanderous allegations, including slurs on Rabbis, as well as blood-libels by Palestinians versus Israel.
We were replying to them. Our language was not more offensive, perhaps less so, than that which we were answering.
Nevertheless we were shut down but they were not.
The explanations given by Quora for this appears inadequate.
Is there a pro-homosexual and pro-Palestinian bias in Quora?
On the other hand it is true that there are numerous pro-Israeli messages BUT they are mostly from a libertarian liberalizing outlook.
Is it that ONLY a certain type of pro-Israeli answer is permitted?
(1) Example of Messages that were so discriminated against and shut down include:
- What is the current controversy about Rav Yigal Levenstein and his school?
- Why do some Jews support homosexuality?
- What do you view as the best route to peace between Israel and Palestine?
- What's the point in hating gay people?
- How can one justify the occupation of Palestine?
- Does Israel belong to the Jews or to the Palestinians?
- # Example of message received from Quora Moderation:
- Quora Moderation collapsed your answer to How can one justify the occupation of Palestine? for violating a policy on Quora.
- Your answer may need improvement
- Violation of Quora's Be Nice, Be Respectful policy.
- To see the answer page, visit: How can one justify the occupation of Palestine?
(2) Example of Comment that was censured:
- # Quora wrote:
- # We recently found some of your content (Your comment on Was there ever a country called Palestine that was run by and belonged to the Palestinian Arabs?) that violates Quora's Be Nice, Be Respectful policy (See What is Quora's "Be Nice, Be Respectful" policy?).
- # Full text of Censured Comment:
- # Stop talking of a two-state solution. We are better off without one. Most of the world are Gentiles who hate Jews no matter what the Jews do. Stop trying to please them at the expense of our children. Let them send the Palestinian Arabs to Brazil if they are so concerned.
(3) Answers by Yair Davidiy that were Allowed (so far) include:
- Has England been the most constant World Power in history?
- Why does America defend Israel like our own land?
(4) False Claim that Yair Davidiy is not the real name of Yair Davidiy!
Following the censuring of several of our posts and comments we received the following messages from Quora:
- # You have been blocked from contributing to Quora because your name does not comply with our name policy. Please update your profile to use your real, full name.
- If you are already using your real name, please submit a moderation appeal through the contact form.
- #Quora Moderation flagged your profile as not conforming to Quora's Real Name Policy.
- Quora Moderation blocked you from editing on Quora for this reason:
- # Blocked from editing due to an unverified name.
- For more information, see Quora's policy on using real names: https://www.quora.com/Do-I-have-....
- #You will not be able to add questions or write answers at this time.
(5) Yair Davidiy Appeals
Being good-hearted, gullible and trusting and naturally blond we actually thought they were serious so we appealed along the following lines:
- # Yair Davidiy is the legal and only name of Yair Davidiy as registered in Israel and Australia and recognized by the governments of both countries.
- # Yair Davidiy is the ONLY name I have.
(6) Answer by Quora to Appeal by Yair Davidiy
- Thank you for submitting your appeal.
- We receive many requests and we will work to review your appeal as quickly as possible. To learn more about Quora's main policies and guidelines, please visit What are the major policies and guidelines on Quora?.
- We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Thank you,
- The Quora Team
(7) Brit-Am Conclusion: An Administrative Tool for Eliminating Nonconformists!
We now strongly suspect that Quora does not really care what your name is. There was, and is, nothing wrong with my name!
Even if there was it would not matter. I could call myself what I liked!
The whole Real Name thing appears to be an administrative tool to eliminate voices that do not toe the party line!
We hope we are wrong BUT our impression is that all this rigmarole described above is part of a thinly camouflaged policy to
only allow Politically Correct participation.
Perhaps we are just being paranoid? Nevertheless, how else would my name be declared not real whereas the names of others be accepted? So too, with the other issues.
Continuation. a. The Day After
- The day after posting the above article, we received the following 2 messages:
- (a) Quora Moderation restored your privileges on Quora for this reason:
- Name verified.
- (b) Roger (Quora)
- Apr 3, 5:20 PM PDT
- Hello Yair,
- Thank you for writing in. We apologize for this error and any inconvenience that this may have caused you. The name on your profile has been approved and the flag has been removed from your account. You should now have full access to your Quora account.
- Once again, we apologize for the error and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
- User Operations
Despite the polite apology sent the whole matter to our mind smacks of harassment. Almost immediately afterwards more of our pasts were disqualified for no clear reasons. For example:
- Quora Moderation collapsed your answer for violating a policy on Quora.
- Quora Moderation collapsed your answer to
- Does Israel belong to the Jews or to the Palestinians?
- for violating a policy on Quora.
- Your answer needs attribution
- This answer should explicitly attribute and provide a link to the source of any content that was originally posted on other sources. Lengthy quotations from other sources must be placed in blockquotes. Answers that are collapsed for this reason will not be uncollapsed, even if subsequently edited. Writers must attribute sources and use blockquotes, even if an answer makes some changes/edits to the original material. See Quora's Plagiarism Policy for more information.
To see the answer page, visit:
Does Israel belong to the Jews or to the Palestinians?
Superficially it would seem from the above as if we had quoted sources without properly attributing them. The problem however is that the ONLY sources quoted in the said article are Biblical Passages in the public domain!
There is a pattern here. Quora is in favor of:
Toleration for Homosexuals;
Right of Statehood for the Palestinians at the Expense of Israel;
Quora will tolerate Jews who toe the line who defend Israel but respect the above two points.
Quora is also in favor of downgrading President Trump,
and other matters.