- Isaiah (NASB) 42:
- 13 The LORD will go forth like a warrior,
- He will arouse His zeal like a man of war.
- He will utter a shout, yes, He will raise a war cry.
- He will prevail against His enemies.
The enemies of Israel are the adversaries of God Almighty:
- Midrash Sifri:
- Numbers 10:
- 35 Then it came about when the ark set out that Moses said,
- Rise up, O LORD!
- And let Your enemies be scattered,
- And let those who hate You flee before You.
- # Who are HIS enemies? These are the enemies of Israel. Whoever hates Israel hates He who spoke and created the world. #
Who ever touches you touches the apple of HIS eye? (Zechariah 2:8).
[This verse is actually understandable as meaning touching His eye, i.e. the eye of God.]
- Psalms (NASB) 83:
- A Song, a Psalm of Asaph.
- 1 O God, do not remain quiet;
- Do not be silent and, O God, do not be still.
- 2 For behold, Your enemies make an uproar,
- And those who hate You have exalted themselves.
- 3 They make shrewd plans against Your people,
- And conspire together against Your treasured ones.
- 4 They have said, 'Come, and let us wipe them out as a nation,
- That the name of Israel be remembered no more.'
- Psalms (NASB) 44:
- 20 If we had forgotten the name of our God
- Or extended our hands to a strange god,
- 21 Would not God find this out?
- For He knows the secrets of the heart.
- 22 But for YOUR sake we are killed all day long;
- We are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.
- Jeremiah 51:
- 20 "...You are My BATTLE AXE and weapon of war. For with you I will break the nations in pieces; with you I will destroy kingdoms."